Made possible with the generous support of Jim and Florence Shephard
The Global Studies Institute (GSI) in the UO Office of International Affairs coordinates the Global Oregon Faculty Collaboration Fund to promote research collaboration between UO faculty and colleagues at prestigious international partner institutions.
The University of Oregon is keen to enhance faculty publication productivity, citation rates, and grant-writing success. Internationalization is also a major priority in our Academic Plan. To advance these goals, the GSI supports UO faculty who undertake research collaborations with colleagues at top international institutions. Such partnerships have the potential to enhance our international standing, while of course supporting the research of our own faculty.
Priority will be given to proposals to bring visitors from top global universities, and UO strategic partner universities, as defined under Eligibility below.
Awards will cover the following expenses for visiting faculty:
- Economy class round-trip airfare from home institution location to Eugene
- Housing in our International Guest Apartment
- Stipend of $250 per week.
- “Global Oregon Collaboration Lecture” expenses (venue rental, publicity, a/v, and logistics).
In return, visiting faculty and their UO faculty hosts are required to:
- Work in close collaboration during the visit on a shared research project or, where appropriate by field, other creative endeavor.
- Make a joint public presentation of their project during the visit as part of our new Global Oregon Collaboration Lecture series.
- Produce, as a result of the collaboration visit, a co-authored paper submitted for publication. Under exceptional circumstances, we will support preparation of a joint paper for presentation at a major international conference, to be followed by submission of that paper for publication. Depending on discipline, other possible collaboration products may include a major grant proposal or other creative product.
UO faculty are invited to apply to this fund to bring colleagues to the UO for collaboration visits. Priority will be given to proposals with a minimum stay of 3 weeks (max. stay 8 weeks).
Preference will be given to proposals to bring colleagues from:
- Universities in the top 100 of The Times Higher Education, QS, or Shanghai world rankings;
- Universities that are ranked highly in areas of specialization to the proposed collaboration.
- APRU member universities;
- Universities with which the UO has an ongoing, strategic partner relationship.
Please complete the online application. In addition, a letter of support from the faculty member’s Department Head should be sent to email@example.com by the application deadline.
Applications will be considered in two cycles: December 1 and April 1. Approximately 3-5 proposals per round will be funded.